Saturday, January 1, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR, AND IT IS A HAPPY ONE!

Happy 2011 to all.  There is nothing like the start of a new year.  A clean slate.  This year is like no other however.  Andrew and Sabrina are engaged.  Andrew surprised Sabrina at Midnight on New Years Eve, first by arriving back in Las Vegas 2 days earlier that she suspected, and second, by proposing to her at the stroke of midnight.  I am the happiest mom on earth.  I am so please for both of them.  Andrew has found a beautiful, amazing, wonderful young woman and Sabrina has won the heart of a strong, authentic, funny and wise young man.  They seem to be a match made in heaven.  When I see the love in their eyes as they gaze at each other, it makes my heart so full. 

Andrew was so sweet to call me at 12:37 am this morning.  At a time when I thought the two of them would want privacy, they took time to call all of their family.  That was a delight.  I was honored to help him pick out the ring this week.  No easy task I will warn you.  Gone is the day when you can go to a jeweler and pick out a ring, have it sized and pick it up in a couple of days.  Now they want you to pick out a setting, pick out a diamond, at truly rip off prices and then wait.  Luckily we were able to find a family jeweler who worked with us in the few days we had and at a very reasonable price. It's a gorgeous ring.  It's just a magical time.
I can't wait to see it on Sabrina's finger.  God has blessed us all richly.
Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment