Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I am a home owner!

It's official - I am now a home owner.  I closed on my house today. I signed my life away, it seems and agreed to pay for the next 30 years.  What a concept.

I am very excited and eager to move.  I will begin to move things this weekend.  Chris is coming to help.  Yeah Chris!!!!!.  Furniture is being delivered Sunday and the dog door is installed Monday.  Then once we have a place to sit, the movers will come on Tuesday morning.  It will be interesting to see what the pups think of the change.  At least I don't have carpeting anymore in case they get confused and decide to pee on the floor instead of making the effort to search for the dog door.  There had been a cat living at the house so it will be fun to watch Rascal spend the rest of her life searching for that cat.  Rascal LOVES cats. I think the dogs will love the bigger back yard.  Not that the pugs fetch anything ever, it will be fun to try to get them to run around a bit. 

The lovely plantings the former owners have in the backyard have been fairly well neglected since the sale and since I have no green thumb, they will have to go.  Till I can get to it though, Rascal will feel like she is in Jungle heaven. 

All the things I have been putting off for so long, like replacing my 20 year old TV and new furniture will come to fruition.  I am upgrading to blu ray disc and the machine has the option of playing Vudu, which is kind of like netflix but all digital and instead of membership, you only pay for what you watch.
I can't wait to get in the house and start measuring.  I love being organized so I am eager to see what kind of fun things I get for the kitchen drawers and closets.  Without a basement I will have to be creative, (though there is storage in the garage).

I am going to paint the front door a light turquoise and get new outdoor lighting.  I have already picked out some lovely fixtures. 

Change is good.  I have always enjoyed change.  The fun part is putting my own touch on this home.  I will be updating you with pictures.

Have a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment