Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Vacation pictures

Well it's been a few weeks but I finally have a chance to show you some of my pictures from my San Diego vacation.  By the way, the calmness and spirit of that vacation has stayed with me.  I am trying remember the relaxed feelings I had during the week and how I achieved it.  And I am enjoying my days off more.  I try to mimic the style of the days I had in S.D.  I normally would use the weekends and days off to catch up on things, but now I spend only a small amount of time on it.  I watch less TV and use the internet less frequently.  I put my feet up more.

This is the Andaz Hotel in the Gaslamp District.  I couldn't have picked a better location, I was right in the heart of everything and could walk to fine restaurants, fun shops, the bay and Little Italy.  Andaz is a new boutique hotel by Hyatt, which is the hotel chain I usually use.  It was the old Ivy Hotel and has been completely remodeled.  I stayed on the 3rd floor and if look at the corner pointing closest to us, I had the window to the right and the two to the left.  I think the room was about 700 sq. ft.  The other nice thing about a boutique hotel is that the staff get to know you and it gave me an extra sense of security since they would know when I came and went.  I would definitely stay there again.



This is the cool roof top pool.  On weekdays there was hardly anyone there so I felt like I had the place to myself.  To the left of the pool is a nice quite patio area where I sometimes read.  At night it was a wild and crazy nightclub.  Of course I usually went to bed at 9pm.  I had a fabulous hamburger by the pool.  Many thanks to the waiters who kept my Diet Coke all afternoon.

Whenever I go to a city I am unfamiliar with, I try to take a tour.  San Diego has a couple of options.  I took a grey line tour which took us to Olde Towne, the Bay and the Midway, the Coronado hotel and beach, through the park and then a boat tour to Point Loma.  It was a lovely morning and I got my bearings so that I could easily walk around the rest of the week.  There was also a trolley that you could get off and visit and area as long as you wanted and pick up the next trolley when it came by.  But I liked my tour because it was just in the morning, the trolley tour takes most of the day and it got quite warm by afternoon so I headed for the pool. 


The Coronado Hotel

The Edge of America, Coronado Beach


Old Towne

So tomorrow, I will fill you in on some lovely dining experiences I had.  I was fortunate in choosing interesting restaurants at random.

No comments:

Post a Comment