Sunday, August 15, 2010

A funny thing happened while I was on vacation.

I bought a house! It's true.  I had been thinking that buying a house while prices are low and so are interest rates since June.  During my daily walks I noticed the flyers on houses for sale in my neighborhood had dropped significantly.  I started a little search with my price range and a few nearby zipcodes.  One house jumped out at me right away.  I contacted a realtor because I wanted to look at it to see if the pictures did it justice.  So two days before I left for San Diego I went to look at it.  It was even better than the pictures.  Just the right size, a ranch, a fenced backyard for the pups and less than a mile from my office.  I had planned on looking at it again after I returned home.  In the meantime the realtor sent me some comparable listings, but they all needed some significant improvement or other.  Then she sent me an email that the house had come down in price.  I looked at it again the day after I got back and made an offer.  Bingo! 

I never really planned on being a homeowner again.  I like renting very much but my current residence is more suitable for a 2 income family with kids.  I rumble around in my duplex, using only a third of the rooms.  Time to downsize. 

I will move in September but here are a few pictures with the current owners furniture.  I hope you like it. 
It's three bedrooms and 2 baths.  The living space has an open floor plan in an L-shape.  No stairs and no carpet, hurray.  It was remodeled about 8 years ago and it's in great shape. I will use one of the bedrooms for my crafts and keep one for a guest room.  It has  plenty of windows that let in lots of natural light. 

For not really expecting to find a house so soon, I am really quite excited.  It will be fun to decorate and with Chris taking quite a bit of my old furniture, I will be able to get some new more appropriate things. Most of my furniture is  still the durable boy-friendly kind.  Durable but without taste.  This time I will be able to make it a bit more feminine and put my stamp on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment