Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Time of One's Own

Greetings from San Diego.  I am in the middle of my vacation with myself.  I am enjoying myself so much.  I would heartily endorse this kind of getaway to everyone.  I am sleeping and relaxing, eating well and exploring.  No schedule but my own.  I have maintained silence except for talking with service personnel or if someone initiated conversation with me. It is very freeing to not have to speak or try to make conversation all the time. I am more myself during this trip than I have ever been.  No acting or putting on smiles.  I am exploring my art and getting ideas.  I am reading and praying. 

I could easily be a hermit, something I thought I could be but never confirmed. This is a joyful life.  I have pictures but they will have to wait till I get back.  Until then I urge you to spend some time each day in silence. It is such a pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment