Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas is here

Merry Christmas Eve everyone!
Are you doing last minute shopping, wrapping, preparing?  Or are you preparing your heart to receive the infant Jesus?  I often get so preoccupied with the former I forget to do the latter.  I am happily off today, so I should have plenty of time to pray.  As it is, I slept in, am still in my pjs, have been leisurely browsing the web, and am aghast at the things that still need wrapping. 

I am starting with a sinus infection so I need to go to the pharmacy.  That will require getting dressed.  Such a decision.  I wish I was one of those people who could just pop out of bed and get dressed and ready for their day.  But I am sluggish and slow and seem to have to think about it for a long time. 

Tonight Chris, my parents and I will be going to Mass at 5pm and then out to dinner at North, an Italian restaurant.  I am really looking forward to that.  A pleasant leisurely time with family.  Andrew is still in Las Vegas with Sabrina and her family.  Hope he has a wonderful and special time.  My sons are such fine young men and their presence makes everything special.  We will be excited to have Andrew home on Sunday. 

Tomorrow will be quiet.  I hope to start a new book, so a little bit of paper craft, watch some Christmas movies, and just relax.  My ideal day. 

I bought a spiral sliced ham from Target.  It's supposed to be like Honey Baked Hams.  Who New you had to bake it yourself and add the glaze.  Oh well, for #13 what do you expect.  I will do that today.

Whatever your plans are for today and tomorrow, I pray they are special, filled with love and a sense of humor.  Delight in the baby Jesus and like his Mother Mary, "ponder all these things in your heart". 





No comments:

Post a Comment