Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Getting Ready for Thanksgiving

I am not a big fan of Thanksgiving.  I large meal followed by a lot of clean-up.  I neither like to cook nor like to do dishes.  I prize myself on not having used my oven or my range since I moved in 2 months ago. 

But this year I am looking forward to it.  Chris arrived home Saturday and Andrew and Sabrina are coming in tonight.  My cooking responsibilities are minimal.  Pies and stuffing from a box (the only kind Andrew will eat).  Oh, and I have the Pillsbury crescent rolls at the ready.  I pick up the Turkey from Boston Market today, along with some festive cupcakes from Gigi's for the non-pie eaters.  I have a little bit of cleaning to do.  The yard guys are putting on the finishing touches on the mulch they are laying.  A few tentative snowflakes are falling. 

Tomorrow we will celebrate all of us being together.  6 people, a family reunion. And we will give Thanks to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment