Thursday, October 22, 2009

Moving On

It's true. I am 11 months and 2 days a widow. The first time I said the word "widow" outloud last February, the words choked in my throat and I cried. Wasn't I too young to be a widow. I thought widows were elderly women. I had only met a couple of young widows and I can't even remember who they are. I recall seeing the widows of 9/11 on TV, and thinking how dreadful. But they were only glimpses of their sad lives broadcast nationwide.

I am approaching the one year mark and I am actually a bit terrified of that anniversary. All those memories! At least I am going away for the anniversary. I don't want to be here during that time.

I decided that this past year is really quite remarkable and has an interesting story. I need to write it down somewhere, so I chose this blog. I want to share this with you and even if no one reads it, I will have said it out loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment